Monday, February 15, 2010

Sheer Cover Kit: Could it Be Sheer Magic? Sorta...

Okay, Leeza Gibbons had me impressed, REALLY impressed. I loved watching how everyone's imperfections seemed to fade away and how natural the product worked.
In fact, Leeza impressed me SO much so that after one fine infomercial, I bought her Sheer Cover kit.

For three months, I was hooked on the product. Since I am fair toned, I opted for that selection. When the product arrived, I was a bit intimidated by the two foundation canisters. The logic behind this is that I'm supposed to blend the powder to suit my skin tone. I laughed aloud at this thought since, as a single parent to three sons, I barely have enough time to put my makeup on in the morning, let alone go around blending things! So, my executive decision was that I would use the lighter shade in the winter and the darker in the summer since that's what my skin tends to do. And y'know, it worked!

With my fair tone, comes an array of freckles which sheer cover seemed to minimize. What I was most in awe of was the fact that the powder could cover as good, if not better, than foundation! Not only that, but the coverage appeared natural and did not irritate my skin as was promised with natural ingredients.

Included in my shipment was also a highlighter set which I loved! It was fun to highlight different areas that I didn't realize you were supposed to highlight until Leeza told me 'what's up' in her included CD.

Next there's the concealer which really does work wonders just like the fabulous powder foundation. The darker areas under my eyes seemed to shy away with a touch of this stuff. I've been through many concealers in my lifetime, sinking to even the lowest depths of department stores, only to find that none will work quite like this one.

Yet, in this shipment there was also a lot of junk. The folks at Sheer Cover wanted to make us all feel extra special and included a cleansing kit and moisturizer. After a few uses, I could see no benefit for my skin, plus the ingredients were too mediocre to include in a daily routine. Phooey.

Sheer Cover also makes mascara for this kit. Much like the cleansing stuff, I think this was just to fill the box. After a few uses, it ended up in a box in my garage. Anyone need free make-up?

The Bottom Line: Am I still buying Sheer Cover? Yes. Am I still Buying the Kit? NO. It's about thirty bucks a month to keep going with this kit and if you're not going to use half the stuff, it's definitely not worth it. I say buy the cosmetics individually from independent dealers, like my fav eBay, because unfortunately the website only lets you buy the kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment