Tuesday, February 2, 2010

CSI Anti-Aging Skin Care Kit: My Unbiased Opinion

When my sons were first diagnosed with autism, I wanted to do everything I could to help. One of the steps I took was to go all natural in their diet. Strangely, this decision also led me to finding fantastic skin care.


When I started to analyze what my kids were ingesting, I began to scrutinize my own habits. I ate mostly healthy, but realized that a lot of the stuff I put on my skin contained unhealthy stuff. Such as Proactiv. Though I knew it was helping to ward off acne is some ways, in many ways it only irritated my skin.

At one point I decided it was do or die. Either I go the rest of my life throwing chemicals on my face in hopes I will look good, or I take the natural route.

The day I ordered CSI (for Cosmeceutical Sciences Institute) my life was forever changed.

The CSI kit I use contains a facial wash, toner, moisturizing cream and exfoliating scrub.

The Rose Hip Facial Cleanser smells wonderful and gives my face a thorough cleaning. It contains oils of rose hip, olive, and kumquat as well as seaweed extracts. I love washing my face now :)

After that is the fabulous CoQ10 Toner. I have never been a toner user because they dry my touchy skin out. This toner, however, does its job without making my skin flaky, plus I've noticed my pores reducing in size. The aloe vera is soothing along with chamomile and sage to balance my finicky pH levels. Finally, there's the beloved CoQ10 which I cannot say enough good stuff about. If you don't know about CoQ10, it's high time you did! It's a superhero-like antioxidant that protects your skin against free radical damage and we all hate free radicals! I also take CoQ10 in a vitamin.

The next step in the kit is the Super Hyaluronic Moisturizing Cream. When they say super, they're not kidding. When I first used the stuff, I had to ask everyone at work why my skin was flaking off when I put my makeup on! Apparently, that was the Hyaluronic acid at work slothing away dead skin cells and stimulating new cell growth, making my skin more radiant.

Finally, there is the Amber Honey Exfoliating Scrub which I sometimes just want to eat because it smells so darn good! It is a scrub that contains amino acids and makes my skin refreshed and renewed. It has been especially helpful in cleaning out my pores.

After using this for a few weeks, my acne issues were cured, gone, vamanos! No more break-outs, period maybe ever again! Also, people started commenting on my glowing skin which is a never-happened-before-occurance.

While CSI is fairly new to the skin care world (at least to my new happy world), I was able to find that it made it to truthinaging.com's
Five Best Facial Cleansers List. Nice work, CSI!

If you are interested in treating your skin to this wonder, you can buy it from vitacost.com. This site also carefully lists the ingredients. Reviews can also be found there to help you decide if it's right for you.

Best of luck in your skin care endeavours!

1 comment: