Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Proactiv Acne Treatment: You Either Love It Or Ya Hate It

I started using this stuff about a year ago when I noticed that suddenly, in my twenties, my skin decided to re-live the teenage years. Also, these were not the innocent pimples that I could quickly snuff out with Clearasil, no these were meaner and fiercer than ever before, often camping out on my face for weeks! I had to do something and remembered those Proactiv pamphlets I had received back in the day, so purchased a few bottles on eBay. Following is my personal experience:

First few weeks and all my unruly blemishes seemed to disappear. I religiously used the stuff daily, though the cleanser felt like sandpaper on my skin and smelled like toilet bowl cleaner.

Proactiv then became family to me. It was part of my daily cleansing regimen until I started to think about a few things. One, what the heck was in this stuff? And most importantly, why was I still breaking out on a monthly basis? Sure, my face was clear in between, but soon my cycle of pimples renewed themselves and I began to feel like I was wasting my money. Also, at the age of 28, I decided that I shouldn't be using stuff that dries out my skin, but moisturize since soon wrinkles will be a concern.

Basically, I ditched the stuff after reading that it contains
carcinogens that could cause premature aging, I switched to something all natural two months ago. I was at first concerned about going cold turkey from a product that I was so dependent on, but since I've gone "Au natural" I haven't had a breakout in over two months! The miraculous product that I now use is CSI (Cosmeceutical Sciences Institute) which is an entirely new blog.

I know many people swear by Proactiv and some positive reviews can be found here:

http://www99.epinions.com/reviews/Proactive_Solution_Renewing_Cleanser

Then I found this site that said much of the same as me and my gripes:

http://www.acne.org/proactiv-solution-reviews/91/page1.html

So is Proactiv the devil? I guess only you can decide. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment