Sunday, January 24, 2010

Celtrixa- Is it Really a Stretch Mark Remover?




For you moms out there who didn't escape pregnancy unscathed (like me) you might be wondering about the effectiveness of those touted stretch mark creams. The one I've been interested in lately is Celtrixa which has reportedly been recommended by Tyra Banks and even Oprah herself. With that kind of endorsement, one could only hope the stuff would work.

Though various advertisements offer a free trial, I wanted to hear what other people had to say first before I got caught up into a monthly fee. So I decided to put a bid on ebay and check out the reviews.

First I stopped at the The Mom Club and was surprised to see there were not many positive comments. One poster thought the whole Celtrixa thing was a scam after using it for one month. Another mom had been using the product for seven weeks and although her stretch marks appeared softer, there were no results to report. After reading this I checked on ebay to find, somewhat relieved, that I had lost the auction.

Discouraged by these opening posts, I scoured the internet for something more encouraging. Luckily, I found a poster from Answerbag who claimed it worked. She had been using Celtrixa for three months and her stretch marks have diminished. She did add, however, that creams alone cannot completely remove stretch marks and perhaps to consider plastic surgery.

So, there's the skinny on the highly acclaimed stretch mark cream. I had difficulty finding many reviews on the stuff, so am curious if anyone else has tried it and what were your outcomes? It seems, from the posts I've read, that a person must stick with it for a long time to see any results. Would you agree?


No comments:

Post a Comment